Wine Spring Bald Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dundeel

Dundeel - Apr 20, 2024 8:36 pm Date Climbed: Apr 9, 2024

Fine Wine  Sucess!

Hiked the short summit spur road.

bdreese2

bdreese2 - Jan 25, 2022 11:33 am Date Climbed: Jan 22, 2022

An icy hike  Sucess!

On a day when the roads were gated off for the season and a week after a large (for NC) snow storm had come through I took the icy trails to touch Wayah, Wine Springs, and Rocky Bald.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - May 15, 2013 7:13 pm Date Climbed: May 15, 2013

AT NoBo to gray-blazed spur trail

From the AT/Bartram overlap north of the peak, we followed th gray-blazed spur trail to the service road to the summit. Enjoyed lunch in a field below the summit. Limited views and plenty of microwave radiation, but an easy side-trip.

captainbuuda

captainbuuda - Aug 4, 2009 1:19 am

Yup, been there  Sucess!

This was just another stop along the way on an AT section hike from Dick's Creek Gap to Stecoah Gap. Being as it was at the height of the the terrible Southeastern drought (that most notably drained Lake Lanier, the main reservoir that serves ATL), the "spring" on Wine Spring Bald was mostly a mudhole, barely flowing at all really. Took about 45 minutes to filter 2 liters. The summit on Wayah, even though its a drive up tourist spot, had a much better view and was a much more satisfying summit.

WoundedKnee

WoundedKnee - May 27, 2009 10:15 am Date Climbed: Dec 12, 2008

En route from Winding Stair to Stecoah  Sucess!

Part of AT section hike. Cold, windy and snowy up top.

Redwic

Redwic - May 27, 2009 1:36 am Date Climbed: May 25, 2009

Fairly Uneventful...  Sucess!

After spending a fair amount of time nearby along the Appalachian Trail and at Wayah Bald, I made a side-trip to Wine Spring Bald. Considering the summit has no views, I was not deterred by thick fog encompassing the communications structures. However, I spent a considerable amount of time searching for a USGS Benchmark Disk... to no avail.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Wine Spring Bald' main page