Viewing: 1-4 of 4
TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Feb 8, 2010 10:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Another....

Yet another beautiful album....it is a tragety that Utah does not have huts like this to hike to....only 1 on Mt Timpanogos. May your winter adventures keep on comming.

EricChu

EricChu - Feb 9, 2010 3:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Another....

Thanks a lot, TyeDyeTwins - I do hope to still have a couple adventures this month, as I have time off...big hikes aren't really possible at the moment, because there is a tremendous amount of snow in the Alps right now and the avalanche risk is fairly high, but luckily there are places like this that are close to cable-car top stations, although, as I mentioned, even those remaining 80 meters were quite a "swim"!
I hope to go also to Schluderbach in the Dolomites this or next week, from where one can get fantastic views upon the Monte Cristallo!
I liked your recent postings, by the way!
Many cheers to you,
Eric

Konrad Sus

Konrad Sus - Feb 9, 2010 2:36 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting

winter gallery from Tauern, thanks for sharing

EricChu

EricChu - Feb 9, 2010 3:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting

My pleasure, Konrad - it's a place I've been to several times in summer, on the way to the Ankogel summit, and knowing what a great view one has already from the hut, what with it's being perched right on the main ridge of the Eastern Alps, and the fact that there is the cable-car that gets very near to it, which makes it accessible even in mid-winter, I saw it as a good opportunity for some promising winter mountain photography.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Winter at the Hannover Hut' main page