Yellow Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dansmlgnp

Dansmlgnp - Nov 20, 2020 10:43 pm

2017 season  Sucess!

Sherburne and all the Yellow high points with Garret and Cam K. It was a HOT day.

ManyGlacierMountaineer

ManyGlacierMountaineer - Feb 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Yellow Mt./Sherburne Peak  Sucess!

2010 - solo, from Swiftcurrent, via Ptarmigan Tunnel to Redgap Pass goat trail, bagging both East and West Yellow, descent to Poia Lake and Swiftcurrent cut-off trail.

2012 - w/ Seth Quay, climbed Sherburne Peak at eastern terminus of Yellow Mountain, from Kennedy Creek dirt road (Blackfoot land use permit required). Apparently we were the first to climb Sherburne Peak since Ralph Thornton and Bill Blunk in 2007.

jimegan

jimegan - Jan 7, 2013 11:15 am Date Climbed: Aug 14, 1997

Yellow Mtn  Sucess!

climbed Yellow Mtn East with Vern Ingraham and Sandy Everts from Swiftcurrent Inn via Ptarmigan tunnel/goat trail to Red Gap pass crossing Seward and Pk 8766(Yellow Mtn West) enroute. Long day with interesting descent toward Poia Lake and the shortcut trail down to the entrance station where we hitched a ride back to Swiftcurrent

awhite28

awhite28 - Dec 17, 2012 9:24 pm Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2011

Yellow

Climbed Seward and Yellow from Poia. Scary descent in a nasty storm that could have been worse.

EarMountain

EarMountain - Dec 10, 2012 11:00 am Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2007

Seward and Yellow  Sucess!

In and out from the trailhead at the Many Glacier Entrance Station. Hiked to Red Gap Pass, up and over Seward then over to the summit of Yellow. Descended down to Poia Lake and hiked out. Quite windy on the summit ridge.

A nice day with my son in law Ron.

distressbark

distressbark - Dec 10, 2012 10:08 am Date Climbed: Jul 19, 2010

long day  Sucess!

Climbed with Zach Eagan, utilizing the marvelous goat trail that connects Ptarmigan Tunnel to Redgap Pass. Climbed Seward Mountain before continuing on the ridge. After the first red hump on the ridge, a thunderstorm settled in and we took cover a ways beneath the ridge. The storm passed right before our turn around time, so we continued on to the summit. As we sat on top, thick clouds rolled in, and by the time we started our descent visibility was no better than 20 feet. Neither of us were familiar with the route down to Poia Lake, so we ended up making a long traverse back to an area just east of Redgap Pass instead. From here, we hiked hard to Poia Lake and cut down the steep trail to the Many Glacier entrance station. Fortunately, we were able to score a ride back to the hotel from some friends who were returning late from a shopping trip! Took 14 hours round trip, including a nearly hour weather stop on the ridge and a long detour back towards Redgap Pass.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Yellow Mountain' main page