Yonah Mountain Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
marcminish

marcminish - Jun 7, 2003 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Recently the ownership of the Yonah Mountain Campgrounds changed. I'm trying to get the new owner to give discounts to the various tent-bound climbers that pass through there. I'll keep the webpage updated with any sucess I might have in this area.

marcminish

marcminish - Jun 12, 2003 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Please be VERY responsible with this info. Don't try to park your car up the mountain or anything, but if you are interested in ferrying supplies and gear to a basecamp then you have to get past three separate gates.



The pass code (as of May, 2003) for the first gate is #23232. The others are locked with normal locks though the second gate is usually standing open.



The pass code is always subject to change. DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR CAR PARKED UP THE MOUNTIAN. You'll ruin it for all climbers. Use this knowledge with respect for the residents.



And for peete's sake, be discreet and...



DO NOT TELL ANY OF THE RESIDENTS THAT YOU HAVE THE PASS CODE!



cluck

cluck - Oct 2, 2007 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Shorter approach

A new parking lot has been opened. Turn right off Hywy 75 at West Family Restaurant. Take 1st left. Go about a mile and turn left on gravel road with signs marking Mt Yonah. Approach trail is listed as being 1.5M.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Yonah Mountain' main page