Zion Canyon South

Zion Canyon South

This view of Zion National Park is looking south from the Emerald Pools trail, on our descent from canyoneering in Behunin Canyon on 29 April 2007. Left of center, the prominent mountain is Mountain of the Sun. Behind Mountain of the Sun, on the left, is The East Temple, and on the right is Twin Brothers. The mountain just right of center is Bridge Mountain, and in front of it, more reddish, is Mount Spry. To the right again, its north face in shadow, is The Watchman. And the little point to its right is Johnson Mountain.
Day Hiker
on May 1, 2007 5:32 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 289817

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Azra

Azra - May 1, 2007 6:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice photo!

...and nice place!
:-*

Day Hiker

Day Hiker - May 1, 2007 6:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice photo!

Hvala. Yes, Zion is a nice place!

cp0915

cp0915 - May 1, 2007 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Great shot, and info!

Day Hiker

Day Hiker - May 1, 2007 6:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Thanks. And thanks for the awesome canyon on Sunday.

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - May 2, 2007 12:08 pm - Voted 10/10

We took my

parents-in-law on a car trip from Houston to San Francisco in 1969, seeing all there was to see on the way (well, nearly), and Zion was my father-in-law's favourite place. He would have loved this photo!

Day Hiker

Day Hiker - May 2, 2007 3:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: We took my

I have always liked Zion, but I never realized its full potential for recreation until a couple of years ago when I started doing some of the off-trail peaks and canyons. The place is amazing, and it's only 2.5 hours from where I live!

Visualizing the map, that seems like somewhat of a detour to go to Zion on that drive (unless maybe they took US50 across Nevada).

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - May 3, 2007 11:55 am - Voted 10/10

Re: We took my

We did make a detour north from Flagstaff in order to see Grand Canoyn, Zion and Bryce Canyons, then continued via St. George to Las Vegas, through Death Valley to Lone Pine, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento and San Francisco.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7