Avalanche Gulch-Lake Helen

Avalanche Gulch-Lake Helen

Page Type Page Type: Album

No summit this time!

I did this trip will QueztalCoatl, and friend Aaron and Mark (not on SP). Mark dropped off early due to health issues, but Aaron and QueztalCoatl made the summit! For Aaron it was his first glaciated volcano after climbing and hiking well over 80 mountains. For QC it was yet another of his many volcano climbs. He will likely write a trip report today or tomorrow.

Despite being sick with the flu the week before I gave it my best shot. But the midday backpack up to Helen Lake tore me up and weakened me to the point of near collapse. Still when the bell 12:30 am I gave it a go, despite feeling very weak. It lasted until 11500 just on the steep section.

My team of going really fast and I was blasted. Instead of risking their summit attempt and maybe even their safety I turned back. I will be back next year if Shasta hasn't exploded. Memorial Day clearly the time to climb Shasta and you will see me back here again. Here are my pictures!!

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.