Molladalen

Molladalen

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Overview

The valley called Molladalen is a particular wild and beautiful mountain valley in Sunnmøre. Molladalen is located in the municipality of Ørsta, and lies west of Hjørundfjorden. The valley is surrounded by some very steep and ragged mountain formations. Here you will find a collection of beautiful pinnacles, and the summits around the valley are often referred to as Molladalstindene (the summits of Molladalen).
The most known summits of Molladalen are Jønshorn (also called Ramoen), Randers Topp and Mohns Topp. In the valley there are several small mountain lakes, the biggest of them is named Storevatne and lies about 770 meters above sea level.

For about hundred years ago English climbers started to show some interest in Molladalen, since then this valley has been well known for its beautiful climbs. During the years Molladalen has been arena for climbing activities both summer and winter.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SunnmøreAlbums