North Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.71044°N / 123.18154°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: AD to AD+
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

North Face AD ice 1000'

The North Face route is a steep 1000' snow and ice face graded AD to AD+ depending on conditions. Difficulty is usually determined by the number and size of crevasses and bergschunds that may be encountered and is best attempted in early-summer. From the Red Tit col head east down the Serratus Glacier avoiding crevasses and a small icefalls. Make your way upward weaving to the right-side of the north face finishing up the rock ridge to the summit (4-6h). To descend head down the south-west spur and follow the left-side couloir heading towards the Ionia-Serratus col. This can be a more difficult downclimb that the route taken up. Loose rock, few good anchors to rappel from and little summer ice lead to one scary descent when you see what a few small boulders are holding back in this couloir. Once down head north across the dry glacier back to the hut (1 1/2 - 2h).

Getting There

Add Getting There text here.

Route Description

Add Route Description text here.

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.