Anello della Cuna

Anello della Cuna

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42600°N / 12.49300°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Torre CrìdolaTorre Crìdola

If you are not experienced enough to climb one of the routes to the summit of Crìdola you can follow one of the fantastic trails around the group and enjoy its wild beauty. One of the best is certainly the ring that starts from Lorenzago and, through the path called "della segheria" goes up to La Cuna and Forca del Crìdola and then comes back to Passo della Màuria trough the ravines of Vallò dei Cadorini. This path offers to the hiker the chance to admire all the way the huge north wall of Crìdola ( while going up, you really can't take your eyes off of it! ), its charming towers and the severe east faces of the mountains of the western branch. This path is for experienced hikers, because the ravines are very steep and strenous. La Cuna is one of the most beautiful places you can see in the eastern Alps, is like an open-air theatre made of dolomitic pillars, with amazing views to the Dolomites. If you plan to do this route you must wake up very early, because after 10/11 o'clock the sun cames out from the peaks on your left , the view of Crìdola becomes unclear and the hike very hard.

Route description

La CunaLa Cuna

Going down from passo della Màuria just before Lorenzago you'll see on your left a small fountain and a parking space. Leave there your car and follow the road to the springs of Crìdola ( indications for the path n°340 ). After this first part in the woods of conifers the valley opens wide in front of your eyes, with the wonderful shape of the north face of Crìdola in the background. Then the path starts to go up in the long ravine, first gently but after an hour or so it becomes very steep and slippery. It's hard but very rewarding, because the views are fantastic, now you can almost touch the vertical faces of the dolomitic peaks in front of you and behind you, slowly, the mountains of the group Dolomiti di Sesto show their wild beauty: first the Popera group, then Croda dei Toni and Tre Cime di Lavaredo…
At the end of the ravine you turn left and after half an hour you'll reach the natural basin of La Cuna ( 2050 m, 3 hours 15 minutes ). This place is the magnificent hidden gem of the Crìdola group, a beautiful green field, with a red bivouac in the middle , surrounded by spectacular sharp dolomitic peaks. But words or pictures can't describe it, you must go there to enjoy it!
From La Cuna go towards Forca del Crìdola ( 2176 m 30 minutes ) following the same path n°340. From this beautiful U-shaped notch you can see in the background the mountains of the Southern Carnic Alps and of the Carnic Main ridge. Then go down following the path trough the glacial cirque called La Mescola and leave the path n°340 for the path n°348 on your left to Forcella Fossiana. After this notch you go down trough the ravine called Vallò dei Cadorini ( great views of the peaks of Nodo di Tor and Cresta del Miaron ). Then the path goes inside the woods and after half an hour you'll reach Passo della Màuria ( 1298 m, 2 hours 15 minutes - 6 hours total ). From here ask for a lift to the car ( people here usually like to help hikers and climbers ).




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CrìdolaRoutes