Beauty on the Blue Ridge

Beauty on the Blue Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Flora, Scenery, Water

Where It All Began

Everyone's mountaineering began somewhere; mine started among the rock outcrops of Blue Ridge peaks such as Old Rag, Sharp Top, and Grandfather Mountain. Since those early days, I've spent plenty of time among and atop the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, the Desert Southwest, and the Sierra Nevada, but that doesn't keep me from returning to and loving the Blue Ridge over and over again. It may lack the grandeur of the American West, but it has charm and beauty of its own, on display all year long.

These pictures are from the Blue Ridge south of Shenandoah National Park in Virginia and into western North Carolina. To avoid redundancy, I have not attached pictures from my Shenandoah National Park-- Standards and Secrets album.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jan 14, 2008 12:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful images!

Thanks for posting.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jan 14, 2008 7:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful images!

Thank you very much. This area will always hold a special appeal for me, as I knew it earliest and have seen so many of its faces.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.