Boreas Pass

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.44390°N / 105.9689°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See "Getting There".

Route Description

Trailhead Elevation: 11481 ft
One Way Distance per my GPS: 2.7 miles
Approximate Hiking Time (one way uphill): 2:15 hours


At Boreas Pass, go toward the cabins on the east side of the road. Before the cabins, you will see a canal (a two foot wide ditch) that runs N-S. Follow the canal north about 0.5 miles on grassy slopes and level ground until you reach an area where a creek joins the canal from the east. This creek originates below the 12159 ft saddle. Turn east and follow a trail up a relatively steep slope among a bunch of Pine trees. You will soon go above the trees and the slopes ease up considerably. Follow the trail to the 12159 ft saddle.

Turn north and go up the crest of the gently sloped ridgeline to reach the summit. To save energy, you can bypass the false summits to the left of them. The route is obvious and cairns can be found along the way.

Essential Gear

Hiking boots.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.