Cat and Pig on a fantastic highpoint 2011

Cat and Pig on a fantastic highpoint 2011

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 2, 2011

Add Heading Here

[Updated: 09/17/2011] SummitPosters, if you like this report, please vote for it, thanks! Check my profile for all my state highpoint reports.

Iowa's highpoint is my #37th and the last one during my Labor Day 5-highpoint trip. It was a lot of driving but an amazing highpointing experience.

Logitics - Don't worry about the construction of highway 60/59, detour sign is very clear so just stay on I-90 and get off the exit to Worthington. If you drive south to the highpoint, it's on the left side of the highway - you have to cross the highway.


Photobucket

On our way to the highpoint, just a relaxed 5 hour drive from Illinios' highpoint.

Photobucket

Here is the highpoint, it's a very open area.

Photobucket

Me and wife at Hawkeye point!

Photobucket

Wife on the highpoint, in the back there are distance to all the other 49 highpoints, the distance are suspicious, though.

Photobucket

A very playful old cat on the highpoint, very friendly to people.

Photobucket

On our way out this pig came out and tried to block our way, it's great to play with the 'wild' animals on a highpoint!

Definitely recommend this highpoint to my fellow highpointers.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
surgent

surgent - Sep 15, 2011 12:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Much has changed

I was here in 1998, before any development was ever done. It looks very nice! Enjoyed the photos of the wildlife :)

jaxcharlie

jaxcharlie - Sep 15, 2011 2:24 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks

this made me chuckle!

sm0421

sm0421 - Sep 17, 2011 12:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

this is definitly a fun highpoint, worth the trip!

Jow

Jow - Sep 21, 2011 11:36 am - Voted 10/10

Like the pig!

Nicely done.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Hawkeye PointTrip Reports