Circle-All Pk - N & SE Ridges

Circle-All Pk - N & SE Ridges

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.67080°N / 111.683°W
Additional Information Route Type: Snow Climb, Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Butler Fork
Drive about 8 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Just as Reynolds Flats comes into view, there will be a pullout on the north side of the road. This is the Butler Fork Trailhead. Park here and being hiking up the main trail.

Route Description

For some bizarre reason this little bump at the end of a ridge spur has been named, although it is hardly a peak. It still is noteworthy, though, in that it has excellent views of the south side of Big Cottonwood Canyon from the 'summit' and can be a fun variation for the Butler Fork route up Mt Raymon or Gobblers Knob. This peak in istelf is short and can make a good steep jaunt if you only have part of a day or if the avalanche danger is high.

SE Ridge
Head up the Butler Fork trail. Cross the river to the west and head up the opposite slopes at whatever point one so desires. When I did this route, I crossed the river about 10 minutes from the TH.
The slope starts out steep and the grade is mostly sustained until the summit. The terrain gradually becomes a more well-defined ridge and the trees clear out, affording nice views for most of the route.
From the summit one can descend the same route or rejoin the Butler Fork route on the Desolation Trail via the North Ridge.

N Ridge
Take the Butler Fork Trail. The take the left spur when the canyon forks to join the Desolation Trail. Once an obvious saddle is gained, turn off from the trail and head south on a ridge spur. This ridge is mostly flat with a small rise at the end, which is the 'summit'.

From the  summit  of...

Essential Gear

10 Essentials and Snowshoes.
There is no real avalanche danger on this route.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.