Climb Domingo Baca, Sandia mountains

Climb Domingo Baca, Sandia mountains

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

Approach to Domingo Baca

From Ellena Gallegos open area, park you vehicle in the east most lot and follow the natural trail north-east. You cross into the wilderness area at the base of the Domingo Baca canyon. Head up the trail until you see formations on the north (left side of canyon). If you walked all the way to the ruins of cabin, you are too far (return about 50 meters down the trail). There is a faint climber's trail leading up north towards the formations. Approach time 30-40 minutes.

Climbs in Domingo Baca

There is a collection of short trad and mixed routes, they are all easy to moderate routes. The rock is good quality, and most of the walls are facing south - so great for winter climbing. And for me the biggest advantage is, I can hike there from my house. I live only 1 mile away from the parking lot.

External links

On-line guide for climbing Domingo Baca

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am - Voted 10/10

Very good...

Very good album;
an introductory info and sufficient number of pictures!!!
Congrats!!!
Romek

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jan 20, 2010 11:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very good...

Thanks Romek...
There is a good route description on-line (just google domingo baca climbing). Thanks again for visiting the page....

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.