Climbing Green Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.98220°N / 105.3019°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 20, 2002
I first climbed Green Mountain in icy conditions. I believe that I climbed it 6 or 7 times total, since it was only 15 minutes from my house. (A lot better workout than a freaking stair master!)

There are two good ways to climb this mountain. In both, you make the summit approach from the Ravine Lodge at 6,600 feet. The second way is by taking the Flagstaff Mountain Road, and going to a parking area towards the Ravine Lodge. The other is from the parking area in the Boulder Mountain Park, and taking it to the Gregory Canyon trail, where you begin the ascent.

The first time, I took the baseline road exit off of 36, took a left, and drove straight for about a mile, and then turned left to the parking area. The ground gets hilly, and then you reach the base of the canyon, where you start your climb. I climbed up until I got to the Ravine Lodge area, and then took the Green Mountain trail up to the summit. Deep in the woods, with little sunlight, ice remains, so I had to watch out. It gets pretty steep towards the top, and you have to climb over small boulders near the summit. At that point, the boulders were a bit icy, so I had to be careful. I got to the top and enjoyed the snowcapped peaks in the distance. It was a clear, late-March day, with the sun out, and clear views. I enjoyed this peak so much, I trained on it often.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Green MountainTrip Reports