Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 25.88834°N / 56.10716°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing, Toprope, Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Dickinadozer in avery nice large area with lots of potential for trad and sport climbing and bouldering. There currently not a lot of routes here because it sees more sun then other areas. Most of the route are in shaded or partially shaded areas depending on the time of day and year.

Dickinadozer is made up a four areas in the UAE Guidebook. The "Main Face", which contains three trad routes and one 90m sport route. The "Center Inset" which contains five sport and two trad routes. The boulders near by and lastly "The Far Right Side" which has six sport routes and a few trad.

After further research into "The Far Right Side" I found out that its name is actually "Zombie Skull." So if you are climbing here remember that you will find this area under Dickinadozer. I believe that this area is separate from Dickinadozer and I will make a separate page for it. However I have chosen to mention it here for two reasons. One the UAE Guidebook places it under this area. Two it is in the same general area however it is about 400m away.

Getting There

From the roundabout on the north end of Emirates Rd. go N. for 7.7km to the Clock Tower roundabout. Turn right (going east) for 2.4km. The RAK lagoon will be on your left. Turn right (going SE) for 2.9km. You will pass a golf course and come to the Lantern roundabout. Go straight through the roundabout for 400m to the Coffee Pot roundabout. Go strait for 4km to a crossroad, and continue strait for 600m to a t-junction. Go right for 1.4km towards the mountains. You will pass a military base and the Wadi Bih (W. Al Baih) signpost will be just passed that.

After the Wadi Bih turn follow the road for 5km to the t-junction. Turn right and drive for 8km where you will find a left turn (go left, if you go right you will run into the border post). Dickinadozer is about 8km past the turn on the left. The Main Face from the road. Park on the right side of road and it is about a 10 min hike.

Just across the road from Cleavage Canyon.

Red Tape

There is a small but very old graveyard nearby. It is unmarked by conventional fences or graveyard markers. You will recognize it by the orangish and gray handmade head stones. There are also a couple of nice boulders by the graveyard.

Please do not boulder or cross though here. The area is big and wide enough to aviod completely. There are also several old stone huts. Please also be respectful of these.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.