East Wall

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.19495°N / 121.88361°W
Additional Information Route Type: Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start from Guadalupe Rock, which there are directions to on the main page.

Route Description

Starting from the south side of Guadalupe Rock follow the rock down to the west side. The East Wall is a good top rope climb. Before attempting to climb go to the top by way of the south side where no ropes are needed. At the top there are various places to anchor your top rope. There is a tree stump, the actual rock, and a crack about 4 or 5 feet from the west side of the rock. Once you get set up you can rappel down and choose how you want to make your ascent. It's a class 5.9 climb and there are some 5.10 moves on the wall.



Essential Gear

Essential gear would include a couple of slings, 60 m rope, a couple of small nuts and/or cams. Climbing shoes, harness, helmet (optional) are also needed. Depending on when you go a jacket is good because it gets COLD up there during a windy, winter day. Water is obviously essential.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.