Fiery Furnace

Fiery Furnace

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking
I had wanted to see the Fiery Furnace ever since a friend told me about hiking there. There are no trails and no maps of the area, just a maze of canyons, rock and washes. In order to hike in the area, you must either buy a ticket (currently $10) for the ranger led hike (some fun minor scrambling involved) or pay for a permit. To get a permit, every member of your party must watch a short program about minimizing impact.

When we were in the Moab area in March, my husband and I went on the ranger led hike. I decided it would be a good way to become familiar with the area if I am able make a return visit. The hiking was broken up with an interpretive program. I was surprised to find the visual aids used actually helped me get a better understanding of the area's geology. The hike turned out to be an enjoyable experience and I recommend it if you are playing tourist at Arches.


These are some pictures I took.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.