Fourth of July/Albuquerque loop

Fourth of July/Albuquerque loop

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Fourth of July Canyon

Fourth of July canyon is a small canyon in the Manzano mountains, central New Mexico. This canyon is especially popular in the fall when people come to view nicely colored leaves.
The drive from Albuquerque takes nearly 1 hr, and the hike could be done in different loops and length depending on your will and fitness level.
I chose to do a short 5 mile loop going up 4th of July canyon and connecting via Albuquerque trail with another canyon - Canyon de la Gallina.
Elevation range: 9,300 to 10,400 feet.

Traihead

To reach the trailhead drive east on I-40 (start in Albuquerque, NM), exit at Tijeras, take NM 337 for cca 35 miles, then when the road ends turn right on 55, and continue through a small village of Tajique towards the signs posting Fourth of July canyon. The last section of the drive is on a well kept dirt road.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.