Lakewood Park is the way to go

Lakewood Park is the way to go

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 14, 2011
Activities Activities: Hiking

Add Heading Here

[Updated: 05/18/2011] SummitPosters, if you like this report, kindly vote for it, thanks! Check my profile for all my state highpoint reports.

The best part of this highpoint is the drive around Lakewood Park area is quite scenic.

Photobucket

Don't worry, there are clear signs leading you to the FL state highpoint. Do not rely on your GPS too much, just use Google Map. A big parking lot to the right of the road, if you drive from North. This is the view.

Photobucket

The sign for Lakewood park.

Photobucket

Small park area has a restroom (lamp in men's room is broken) and a nice summit sign.

Photobucket
Me drove 5 hours to get to FL's highpoint after work.

Photobucket

Summit Post.

Bascially you'll enjoy the area around Florida's highpoint, I enjoyed sunset after visited this park.... I stopped at Opp, Alabama for a sleep and then drove to Mississippi the second day for my trip.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Britton HillTrip Reports