G3 Targa Ascent

 

G3 Targa Ascent
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title G3 Targa Ascent
Manufacturer G3
Page By Timothy Pearl
Page Type Feb 7, 2007 / Feb 7, 2007
Object ID 2538
Hits 12342
Vote

The best-touring telemark binding from G3

Joining the Targa lineup, the Targa Ascent maintains the original reliability and strength of the original binding while incorporating a hinged toe plate that rivals the efficiency of an A/T setup. A pole-activated lever at the front of the binding easily allows the user to switch to and from touring mode. In touring mode the toe plate pivots freely on a stainless steel bar which eliminates the energy-sucking force of boot flex in today's tele boots.
Retail for $289.00.
Available where G3 is carried.

Features

A 3 degree positive-angle wedge reduces rocker effect and helps immediately engage powerful spring cartridges. 40mm of rise adds carving power especially useful with wide skis.

 

Tour mode will rival the efficiency of all our Alpine Touring friends(don't say Randonee!... that's French). Easily, and solidly converts back to ski mode with the flick of a ski pole.

 

Heel plate is the convertable climbing wire! No added pieces required, easy as pie.

Why the Targa Ascent?

Telemark skiing is a super-effective method for travelling in the winter. Add ski-mountaineering for the bad mofos. and winter camping for the rugged, hut trips for the lavish, freshies for the pow hounds, and dawn patrols for the hard-working. Telemark skiing gets it done. The Targa Ascent will make that trip in/up more efficient, and the trip down more exciting and powerful. It is now possible and easy to go uphill with fatty skis, big-stiff boots, and strong cartridges. And in case you didn't know... this is the setup that almost everyone will eventually trend towards! It has more plow-power, float, and essentailly ...fun. You may be a serious skier, but fun should be at least a side-objective. Try and match these bindings with G3's Rapid Transits or the Reverend and you will not be disappointed in the backcountry.

Images

Reviews

No reviews written yet.