Krieg Chalk Bags

 

Krieg Chalk Bags
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Krieg Chalk Bags
Manufacturer Krieg Climbing
Page By cushman
Page Type Dec 7, 2007 / Dec 7, 2007
Object ID 4350
Hits 10128
Vote

Krieg Chalk Bags

From their website: http://kriegclimbing.com

We started sewing chalkbags out of the trunk of my car in Miguel's parking lot at the Red River Gorge. Slowly the friends we made out climbing helped find homes for our bags in local outdoor stores and climbing gyms throughout the country. While we have outgrown the car, a few close friends and I still hand make all of our bags in our small sewing shop in the southeast.

At Krieg we know everyone uses their chalkbag differently. For some, it's the first place you reach when you're sketching far above your last piece. For others, a dip into the chalkbag is routine before leaving the ground on a cool new problem. From hemp to hot pink sequin, we make chalk bags for all occasions. We have made chalkbags from $1000 purses, stuffed animals, and underwear. We will sew just about anything if you have the cash to pay for it.


Krieg chalkbags are handmade in Knoxville, TN. They currently make three models of chalkbags, a mid-sized bag, full-size bag and chalk pot for bouldering. Krieg will make a bag out of customer-supplied fabrics, so if you want to reuse those old curtains you liked so much, send it off to them and they'll sew it into a bag to use on your next project. Their bags come with a waistbelt and are lined with synthetic furry material for chalk adhesion.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

cushman - Dec 7, 2007 2:35 pm - Voted 5/5

Best Chalk Bags
I have 2 Krieg chalkbags, the mid-size and the large. The large size is great for chalking up past your wrist, perfect for chalk addicts like me. When I need some white courage, I just reach behind my back and my chalkbag is always right where I need it.

The construction is second to none, the rim of the bag is very beefy and holds the top open perfectly. The material is so tough it's held up great on many chimney and lieback moves that would shred lesser chalkbags. To top it all off, these bags are handmade in Knoxville, TN by local climbers and are a great value. Support your local climbers!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1