MountainProject.com

 

MountainProject.com
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title MountainProject.com
Page By cushman
Page Type Dec 6, 2007 / Dec 6, 2007
Object ID 4344
Hits 5041
Vote

MountainProject Website

MountainProject is a community driven online index of technical climbing routes worldwide. The focus is on technical rock, ice, mixed and bouldering routes, but some alpine climbing routes have been added to the database. Although there are sections in the database for international routes, the bulk of the routes posted on the website is centered around the western United States. Because the database is contributed by the users, this resource tends to be the most up to date guidebook for the active areas.

Users are allowed to contribute areas, sub-areas and routes to the database, as well as images, rating adjustments, quality stars and comments. Each user has a user page where they can track tick lists, todo lists and their contributions to the site. There is a ranking system similar to SummitPost, but without the weighting system for users with many contributions. The site also hosts forums and a Partner Finder database.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

cushman - Dec 6, 2007 2:51 pm - Voted 5/5

Great Site for Western US
I use MP.com for most of my rock climbing and ice beta, it's set up very well to search for routes and many users contribute great images to help with locating the route. A hardcopy guidebook is always great, but I will always check MP.com for any comments and up to date information regarding anchors, etc.

davebobk47 - Mar 3, 2009 10:37 am - Hasn't voted

Nice site
Nice site if you're looking for what it out there. Especially helpful if you can't find a guidebook for the area. Also good for updates on locations and current conditions.

Alika - Mar 9, 2010 12:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Always Improving
Good especially for Colorado, and expanding really well for the rest of the country. In Colorado, great way to find a partner for rock.

asaking11 - May 30, 2010 5:35 pm - Voted 5/5

Great Site
This site is well put together. I have used this tons of times in New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. You can find tons of useful info on this site.

Brian C - Dec 16, 2010 8:56 am - Voted 5/5

Colorado
Have used this many times. A great site.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5