Salomon SM Lite

 

Salomon SM Lite
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Salomon SM Lite
Manufacturer Salomon
Page By Boriss Andean
Page Type Oct 18, 2007 / Oct 18, 2007
Object ID 4136
Hits 13724
Vote

Salomon SM Lite

The SM Lite is designed to be the ultimate lightweight all-terrain boot, offering excellent support and protection for rugged trekking and glacier travel.
With a 1.6 mm suede upper with thermoplastic polyethylene toe and heel inserts for use with semi-automatic crampons, built on the Advanced Chassis frame with a shock-absorbing PU mid sole. Contagrip2 double-density sole offers excellent grip and wear.

An excellent choice for rugged summer use under the toughest possible conditions. A great boot for use on glaciers and long hiking expeditions. I had used them for 5 -6 years in some climbing trips in Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia and I'm very satisfied with the fit .They feel pretty warm and comfortable, the best for long backpacking trips and glacier travel as well.

Features

- Waterproof
- Gussted Tounge
- Lace locking hardwear
- Gliding eyelet inserts
- Rubber randing
- Weight: 930g

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

stepho - Feb 2, 2008 4:17 pm - Voted 5/5

Comfy
These were very comfy during my Mt. Temple attempt. Although they were perfect on shale and easy rock, when I tried using them bouldering on the rock pile at moraine lake I discovered that they were too stiff for more technical climbing.

Mountain_girl - Mar 18, 2008 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Salomon trekking shoes in general
I have had my first Salomon trekking shoes for 8 years, and used them both in winter and summer. I could walk up to the moon in them as they were incredibly comfortable; had a hard good sole (Contagrip) and their upper part was softer than other shoes I tried. I have tried multiple pairs in stores and bought a new one but could not stand the hardness of the shoe and continued looking for new Salomons. Their only disadvantage was that after several years of usage they were not water-proof anymore, but I guess that happens to most old worn-out shoes. Salomons are not that easily accessible in stores (in Europe) but are totally worth the quest!

barrys - Sep 17, 2009 3:50 pm - Voted 5/5

Great buy
Had mine for about 4 years now. They've been good up to 5,000metres in a Nepalese white out - with the right socks. My feet didn't feel the least bit cold even though I'm not sure they were designed for such conditions. Nowadays they can be picked up for half what they cost me. Great value, tough and durable, super stiff sole. They fit like a pair of slippers at first, recently though blisters have become a problem. After 4 years, several dozen alpine glaciers, Indian Himalaya and Nepalese plus many kms of hikking I'd have to recommend them highly though, great for the money.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3