Pine Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.15500°N / 122.226°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from the headquarters which there are directions to on the main page.

Route Description


From the parking area, follow CA 236 south for about 0.3 miles and on the right-hand side of the road there will be a gate that marks the beginning of Hammond Rd. Go past the gate and follow Hammond Rd for about 0.25 miles and there will be a small bridge on the left side of the trail. After you cross the bridge there is a marker that is the beginning of Pine Mountain Trail. Go right from the marker to follow the trail. It's about a 1.5 miles to Buzzard's Roost from the marker. On the trail up to Buzzard's Roost there is a final hairpin turn before you get up to the rock, keep going straight instead of turning and follow the badly maintained trail another 0.5 miles to the summit of Pine Mountain. The end of trail and summit of Pine Mountain is marked by an odd pile of rocks.

Essential Gear


Water and some warm clothing is about all that's needed. It gets cold in the winter but a light jacket or sweatshirt will suffice. It's a short hike so you only need about 1liter of water. If your going to do some climbing at Buzzard's Roost you might want to bring a little more water because it's a lot more tiring than just the hike. You will also need a little more time. The hike itself takes close to 2 hours but if your going to climb it will be more than 2 hours.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.