Rijm Assaf

Rijm Assaf

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 29.57070°N / 35.40816°E
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rijm Assaf is a beautiful route to the summit of Jabel Rum. It is called "a Bedouin route" meaning that it was first climbed by local Bedouin people. The route features hiking, scrambling, and climbing.

Getting There

Head to the Laurence well, pass the stairs and climb over it to enter Wadi Shelali. The route starts climbing the right ridge from the left.

Route Description

Route scheme



Rijm Assaf route scheme


First section



Start climbing the ridge from it's left side while following cairns. Shortly you will reach first section of "Bedouin steps" (5 fr).

First section of Bedouin steps of Rijm Assaf


Continue climbing on the left side and reach the second section on a shelf (5+ fr). Step on the big cairn and find some two big holds to pass the overhang. Put some protection since falling from the shelf can be dangerous.

Beduin step on Rijm Assaf


Continue and pass to the right side of the ridge. Climb an easy (3+ fr) and long corner that will lead you on a big shelf on the right side of the ridge.

Climbing a corner - Rijm Assaf


From the big shelf climb the 20m wall (4/+, bad protection if going straight) to reach the ridge center.

Easy face climbing - Rijm Assaf

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Wadi RumRoutes