Viewing: 1-4 of 4
lcarreau

lcarreau - Dec 6, 2007 8:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page, hans !

This is a remote slot canyon. Your "The Jug" page is excellent. One of the things I noticed in the past; its coolness attracts snakes when the weather warms up. I came across an Arizona Black ratttlesnake here in the mid-90's. Of course, the area immediately around Roosevelt Lake has the Diamondback as the prominant snake species. The scenery of Salome Canyon is incredible. Thanks for your contribution on this little-known area on the "primative" side of Roosevelt Lake. (I would like to add a "perspective" photo to your collection.) THANKS, hans!!!

hans.schenk

hans.schenk - Dec 7, 2007 10:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page, hans !

Thanks for your comments! Please feel free to add photos...and I may just revise the page and add a comment about rattlesnakes. They are important to watch out for. I also saw an Arizona Black rattlesnake when I climbed Brown's Peak.

jackstraw0083

jackstraw0083 - Dec 7, 2007 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

2AI rating?

Are you sure that the rating is an "A" rating? An "A" rating implies little or no swimming, and this canyon seems to have quite a bit. Sounds like a pretty sweet canyon though.

hans.schenk

hans.schenk - Dec 7, 2007 10:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: 2AI rating?

Thanks for catching that! I threw that rating in there while waiting for the ACA database to come back on-line and forgot to correct it. The database is still down, but I was able to find the rating elsewhere. I will correct it ASAP!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Salome Canyon - "The Jug"' main page