Sleza - the Saint Mountain

Sleza - the Saint Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

SHE IS EXCEPTIONAL !!!

Sleza probably is the best known mountain in Poland - not the Tatras but this isolated rocky island lying ca 40 kilometers SW from my city, Wroclaw, SW Poland. She is elevated almost 500 m above the surrounding Silesian lowland. Sleza (719 m asl) together with Radunia (573 m asl), Wiezyca (415 m asl), Stolna (371 m asl), Gozdnica (318 m asl) as well as Oleszenskie (an SE part of massif) and Kielczynskie (an SW part) Hills creates an eminent mountain massif. This area has been populated from the Neolithic period and some younger evidence (400-300 B.C.) of this activity are the very primitive granite sculptures (a lion, a bear, a girl with fish, a pilgrim), the rocky circles as well as the cult springs which we can meet on the Sleza, Wiezyca and Radunia. All the massif is very rocky and geologically complex. The autumn Sleza is very coloured thanks to beautiful beech forest. Its fauna of birds and spiders is very rich. Small streams, more numerous on the western slopes, have especially clean water and therefore some rhodophyte, Hildebrandtia rivularis, is living here. As a place of the pagan cult, solar on Sleza and lunar on Radunia, she attracts our attention up today.
Sleza at...(2)


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 9, 2006 4:29 am - Voted 10/10

Sleza the Saint Mountain

Beautiful album.

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Nov 9, 2006 2:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sleza the Saint Mountain

I am sorry, I reply you in form of my comment to this album.
Best to you!!!
Romek

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Nov 9, 2006 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

:)

Hi!!!
Thanks for your appreciation! Sleza is really very interesting in many aspects (geology, climate, flora, fauna, archaeology). I will continue this presentation.
Cheers!!!
Romek

visentin

visentin - Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Oh when the saints !

Romuald, I read again your nice page as we are doing the Sudetes with Yatsek.
In order to organize a bit the pages, could you for example attach all of your Sleza albums to this one ? It would be great !
I am also thinking about how to do with the Izierskie mountains. You have made many albums but there is no parent page... perhaps you could turn one of them into an area and attach to it all the rest ?
Thanks !
Eric

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Oct 31, 2009 9:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Oh when the saints !

Dear Eric!
It is just exactly as you wrote. I am preparing the "areas and ranges" for each item existing as "my small mountains..." albums. The same is done for some "mountains". Maybe "Izerskie Mts." will be as the first, however their geology is so interesting and rich therefore I need more time to do it properly, that means "with a satisfying supply of information".
The best to you!!!
Romek

visentin

visentin - Nov 2, 2009 3:43 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Oh when the saints !

Hello Romuald !
I understand it might take some time for Izierskie, but for Sleza in my opinion it is just ready, just attach all your Sleza albums to the Sleza "area" ! We want to reduce a bit the number of pages attached to the Sudetes, without leaving any "orphane page". Instead of having 7 pages of Sleza on the left links, we would have only one, which would make the structure more clear !
Thanks ;)
Eric
p.s: I wish you the best recovery from your recent disease... for info, the proposition of having a pint in Wroclaw is still up to date :) I'd be glad to meet the second SummitPoster from Wroclaw at least once ! :)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.