Southern Part of Broumov Walls

Southern Part of Broumov Walls

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking
Koruna zoomed
Southeast face of Koruna



The southern part of the Broumov Walls - located at the Polish-Czech border - contains their highest summits as well as a stunning rock arch.

The broad summit of Božanovský Špičák - at 773m the highpoint of the Broumov Walls - boasts several rock formations making up what is known as a "zoo" as well as providing views toward the Stołowe Mountains, southeast from Machov Pass (which sits at the foot of Božanovský Špičák). However, a much more attractive summit is Koruna (Crown), at 769m the second highest hill in the Broumov Walls. This is a captivating mountain, especially while viewed from the southeast. It rises over its foot by more than 300 metres, which means that it is actually taller than the highest summit nearby, Szczeliniec Wielki in the Stołowe Mountains.

Near the summit of Velká kupa (708m), about a half-hour walk west of Koruna sits one of the most interesting of the countless rock formations scatterred throughout the Broumow Walls: Kamenná brána, i.e. Stone Gate.

Czech Girl In The Window
Czech Girl In The Window


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
visentin

visentin - Aug 22, 2012 8:42 am - Voted 6/10

good album

as I didn't "cycle" there ;)

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 22, 2012 9:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: good album

Right you are, SP is not MBP, is it? :)

visentin

visentin - Aug 22, 2012 4:50 pm - Voted 6/10

Re: good album

It is as long as the places you go on the bike are interesting to walk as well.

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 22, 2012 5:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: good album

You might be right. Still, the hiker will focus on different things and try to choose different paths.

visentin

visentin - Aug 23, 2012 4:43 am - Voted 6/10

Re: good album

You can post the same picture in MBPost and SP. In MBPost, the legend will be "look at this bloody downhill !". On SP, it will be "Gneiss outcrops surrounded by Pinus Mugo".

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 23, 2012 5:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: good album

Exactly. The write-up will be different.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.