Southern slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.95160°N / 51.98390°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike & scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up & scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

see "Getting There".

Route Description

Trailhead Elevation: 2550 m
One way distance per my GPS: 4.0 Km


From trailhead, follow the rough dirt road north along the Deli Chai River. The road soon turns left (west) away from the river and goes up a gentle slope to a 2700 m saddle between Namak Koohsar to the north and Asal Asal Peak to the south. You will see the many rocky summits of Namak Koohsar towering above the slopes to your north. On the left, you will see a wide “couloir” that sits among three rocky summits (see PIC 1, PIC 2). The main summit sits just behind the high point on the right side. Leave the road and follow any path up the slopes and enter this couloir. Here the slopes become steep and slippery. Near the top of the couloir, you will see three rocky summits. The true summit is on the far right but its slopes are difficult to climb. Go to the top of the summit to the left and then turn right (east) and follow the ridgetop to the main summit.

Essential Gear

In summer, nothing more than good hiking boots.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.