Thaiwand Wall-Twenty Kilos of Steel

Thaiwand Wall-Twenty Kilos of Steel

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Route
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 4 (5.7)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Thaiwand Wall is to your left as you face out towards the water at Railey Sunset Beach. At the end of the beach locate a trail that makes its way up towards the wall. There are a few alternate trails but all the trails that lead up will lead you to the wall. The furthest right trail leads to fixed ropes that lead up a steep section to the base of the wall. These fixed ropes end at a bamboo ladder.

In addition to the normal trails up to Thaiwand wall, the Wall can be acessed through a complex maze of dark tunnels and caves. This route is difficult to follow and requires a light source to negotiate through the caves. Within the caves you follow steep sections and bamboo ladders. The entrance to the pathway is accessed via the beach at Rayavadee Resort. The trail is difficult to find-I recommend that you ask a local guide.

Route Description


Twenty Kilos of Steel is the easiest route on Thaiwand Wall. It is located within the large cave on Thaiwand wall. It follows great crystalline projections and flakes to the top of the route. Easily found three routes to the left of the Bamboo ladder tied to Thaiwand wall. The route is approximately 15meters high and has 4 bolts.

The route begins on the right hand side of the large inset cave and about half way to the anchors moves left and follows flakes of Limestone crystals.

Essential Gear


Quick Draws and Rope

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RaileyRoutes