The Memphis Mountaineers Climbing Pinnacle Mountain

The Memphis Mountaineers Climbing Pinnacle Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 34.84149°N / 92.48604°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 25, 2009
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Fall

Introduction

I'd only seen the exposed rock of Pinnacle Mountain, Arkansas twice. The first was many years ago from atop the now “closed” crag of Chenal on a trip with MMI alumni Brian Williams. The second was a close-up as I paddled beneath it on the Little Maumelle River during the 2007 Raid the Rock Adventure Race. I've been curious about Pinnacle ever since.

While perusing the Memphis Mountaineer's archive newsletters and files, I found a six page typed and hand drawn guide to the area listing several easy to moderate routes on the East and South faces. A research session on Google Earth confirmed the exposed rock, so I made plans to get over there to check it out. Well that was two or three years ago...

Getting There

A few days off work, being tired of King's, hunting season at Jamestown, not wanting to dive 6-7 hours... All this led to Jim Morse and me making a reconnaissance trip to Pinnacle in November.

Highlights



Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pinnacle MountainTrip Reports