#3384 Main Summit Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.44660°N / 122.093°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trail w/ north summit scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Pleasant Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

For directions to the trailhead, see "Getting There" section of this mountain page.

Route Description

The first mile goes fast. A gentle downhill slope to Maude Creek. After crossing Maude the trail starts to climb through a section of oldgrowth out into a steeply sloped meadow area. I would imagine that in the spring time this meadow is covered with wildflowers. After leaving the meadow area you'll find yourself on the ridge leading you up to the main summit. Take the right trail, at the fork, to the summit. Take the left trail to continue on the crescent shaped ridge for about a mile before jumping off trail to summit the north summit. The tails are very well maintained and designed for a nice hike. The meadow can get a little overgrown with low profile vegitation.

The days total came to a bit over 11 miles with about 3475' of elevation gained.

Essential Gear

During the rainy season bring the rain pants...The meadow area gets overgrown with low growing vegitation.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.