Almbachklamm gorge

Almbachklamm gorge

Page Type Page Type: Album

The Almbachklamm...

is a quite spectacular gorge, a regular "Viamala", at the east foot of the Untersberg, on the Bavarian side, between Marktschellenberg and Berchtesgaden. The Almbach creek has it's source high up on the Untersberg flank and carves it's way down first through a steep and narrow valley, then spectacularly down waterfalls, natural basins and past steep limestone and marble rock cliffs to the valley of the Königsseeache river, which itself flows after only several kilometers into the Salzach river.
A remarkable spot, well worth visiting...


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6

ojo - Aug 30, 2011 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

I like the look..

...of this place! Nice to visit on a hot day, no? jane.

EricChu

EricChu - Aug 30, 2011 1:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like the look..

Oh yes! That certainly is a cool and refreshing place to be during the big heat waves!
Cheers, Jane,
Eric

ncst

ncst - Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

My first Klamm ever, after coming down Untersberg! Some people gave me a ride to the entrance. I also remember the "Marmorkügelmuhlen" there, and the big waterfall at the end of the trail! Thanks for sharing.

EricChu

EricChu - Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks for your comment, ncst! I've been there many times in the past years, and this time I thought it was time to go and shoot at least a couple of photos, as I know that canyons and the like are very appreciated here on SummitPost. The one snag was that I never could actually get the whole thing in view on the camera - maybe I should try to get above the Klamm somehow...
I find that Marmorkugelmühle very romantic (there is one in Fürstenbrunn as well!), and I have just posted a photo of it...
Cheers,
Eric

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 1, 2011 2:07 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm going to...

borrow a line from yourself "spectacular gorge" is the only way to describe it. And a beautiful album you have put together to share with the world is beyond measure.
Thank you, Eric.
Cheers,
Marc

EricChu

EricChu - Sep 1, 2011 5:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm going to...

You're so kind, Marc!!! :-)
This is more than I deserve!
Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Eric

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.