Alpago

Alpago

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Hiking, Skiing

Just few words about Alpago

The Alpago is a mountain area in the north east of Italy. It is very closed to Dolomites but it is not part of it.
You can get there from Vittorio Veneto trough the Santa Croce Lake, this is the West side. The est side can be reached via Pordenone and Cellina Valley.
Even if summits are not so high, Alpago is a very wild area.
Only during winter, expecially in a very sunny day, you can see people skiing on all summits.

If you want to know more about this area you can visit:
www.montipallidi.eu
www.montialpago.it
both are in only in italian, but there are many pictures.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
MOP

MOP - Jul 9, 2006 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice album

Of course it is, it is where I live!!!
I choose 'wildlife' because there are too many things you can do in Alpago. I will add more.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 9, 2006 2:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Hi MOP!

Great that you've joined SummitPost and immediately started to post quality stuff. The southern part of Carnic Alps and Dolomites is very poorly represented here. So think of creating mountain and route pages ;-)

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.