Andrew Molera State Park

Andrew Molera State Park

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking
Andrew Molera State Park is located 20 miles south of Carmel on Highway 1.

It has a good trail system, including one of my favorite hikes, a loop made up of the Beach Trail, the Bluff Trail, Panorama and Ridge Trail. You hike to the beach along the Big Sur River and from there walk along the ocean bluffs for three miles. What I call the secret beach makes a nice place to stop and eat a snack, before heading up the Panorama Trail. At the top, you take the Ridge trail back to the beach. About eight miles of beautiful views! The views from the short Headlands Trail are also wonderful!

These are some of the pictures I've taken while hiking there.

edited to add images on 7/13/10: My dh and I hiked the Ridge, Panorama, Bluff Trail loop on 7/10/10. After a wet winter and a cool spring, the wildflowers were fantastic! I was amazed as I have never seen so many flowers here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.