Appalachian Trail (South Bound)

Appalachian Trail (South Bound)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.04760°N / 74.9726°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start at the Millbrook Road Trailhead (See Main Page) Park on eathier side of the road. Head south on Appalachian Trail (A.T.).

Route Description

The Trail Starts out on Catfish Mt. Fire Road.
At 0.4 Miles turn left acending through a Rhododendron glen.
At 0.6 miles the A.T. turns left to rejoin the gravel fire tower road and then turns right 300 ft. later to re-enter the woods.
At 0.7 miles the again rejoins the Catfish Mt. Fire Road and hikers turn right on to the road.
At 1.0 miles you reach the fire tower.
Return same way, or continue 1 mlie to the orange blazed Rattlesnake Swamp Trail which will send you to the Mohican Outdoor Center run by the AMC or back to your car (see other route)

Essential Gear

All you will need is your basic day hike gear plus whatever clothing you will need for the weather or extended hiking options. And snow shoes when ther in more than 3" of snow on the ground.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.