Apuy

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 6.892°S / 108.40000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Grade III
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You catch a bus or train from jakarta to cirebon and then from cirebon take a minibus to Maja. Continue to Apuy with an Pickup van. From here you make sure you take enough water because there is no water in the entire trail.

Route Description


From Apuy village after paying the administration fees to the Rangers, continue walking untill you meet a Mosque. From mosque take left and keep going straight and follow the trail untill you land up in campsite 1. There are no shelters here. From village to this campsite, trail passes through local vegetation and trail is very sleepery specially in rainy season.This is hard 2 hours climb to Pos Blok Arban. From here walk up towards small slope and then turn left and then right and keep going straight. Here you enter the tropical forest. Mind you anyone going for the first time,don't forget to take your guide. Many climbers have got lost here. So be careful. From Blok Arban to Simpang Lima it takes approx. 2 hrs. The trail passes through thick forest. The trail is not too steep. From here to Tegal Wasawa it takes about 1 hr and from here to next campsite which is Tegal Jamuju takes 1 hr. From here trail starts to get hard with an tilt of 25 degrees. From here to Sangiang Rangkah takes 2 hrs and it's advised to camp here for a night. Wake up in the morning and start climbig to the last campsite below summit which is goa Wallet at an altitude of 3000m. From here to summit it takes only 30 to 45 minutes depending on physical condition. There are no such great views from summit. Again this mountain is only for the volcano baggers.

Essential Gear


Just good hiking boots, good tent, warm clothes, lots of water, food etc.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.