Arrako ridge SE (Keleta)

Arrako ridge SE (Keleta)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.95089°N / 0.89075°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Keleta from ArrakoKeleta from Arrako

This is a new route of the last years to climb Kartxela across a nice itinerary.

Getting There

The trailhead is in in the road from Isaba to Arette (road of Belagua) before the ascent to the port of Piedra de San Martin. In the plain is signaled in left side the Dolmen Arrako.

Route Description

Path of LapatiaPath to Lapatia
Larrondoa and LapatiaCollado de Lapatia
Kartxela from KeletaKeleta's summit
KarxtelaKartxela

We begin walking the forest track among the fields following the paint red and blue crossing near of the field with the Dolmen (megalithic stone with burial use) to reach a cross. In left side is the path with paint yellow and white and we leave the paint red and blue. The path goes just in the ravine to cross the river and walk across the forest following the path among the vegetation. We reach the forest of beeches with a ramp to exit finally to a big grassy field. In front of us is the col of Lapatia between the peak Larrondoa (left) and Keleta (right). In the col we turn to right side leaving the paint that border the peak Keleta to reach the col of Arrakogoiti.

We walk in a green hills in direction to the peak of right side. If you don't want to climb Keleta you can turn to left walking directly to Kartxela, but the visit of nice peak of Keleta is advisable.

We walk to the bottom of the peak in right side climbing an pre-summit across the grass and the small repises of rock to reach the summit of Keleta with nice views. We have tow options now:

A)-we follow the ridge descending across a rock-climbing of II- to the col with the ridge of Kartxela

B)-we descent across the route of keleta to reach a place to turn to right side across paths to reach the same col.

The first part of ridge of Kartxela is call peña Ezkieta with three small peaks. We can climb the three peaks (II-) or walk under it to reach finally the wide col under the summit of Kartxela where the normal route from Arrakogoiti comes.

The descent id advisable across the normal route from Belagua across Venta de Juan Pito.

Essential Gear

Nothing special.

Red Tape:
it's not advisable the climb with snow, rain or strong wind because the grassy ridge is a little dangerous when it become wet.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KartxelaRoutes