Backside trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.41000°N / 123.08°W
Additional Information Route Type: hike/scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: hike up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the parking lot you head out through the campsites until reaching a series of large boulders on the left hand side and there is a small stream called Olesen Creek that runs by right there as well. Up and over the boulders are the 300 or so stairs that you have to climb before you are properly on the trail.

Route Description


Simply follow the trail to the top... as there are three separate summits simply follow the trail (which are all clearly marked) to the desired summit. After 45 minutes or so there is a rocky plateau where you can stop and look out to the southwest and have a snack and a break if necessary after that its straightforward hiking along the steep trail through the forests and on to the summit.
The trail is a 7km loop that has an overall elevation gain of 600 meters so be sure not to take the hike too lightly.

Essential Gear


Sturdy boots, lots of water, sun screen and maybe rain gear to be on the safe side. If you are palnning on doing any of the bolted routes on the face itself all the requisite gear plus plan for an overnight bivvy as well the 15+ pitch routes take more than a day.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.