Bagergue

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79439°N / 0.91659°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route.

Time to summit: 4h
Total: around 8h

Map of route

Getting There

See the main page to approach to the village of Bagergue and the section red tape with important information about the forest track.

Route Description

Starting in Bagergue
Track of Calhaus
Forest track of Calhaus
Hut of Calhaus
Lac de Montoliu
Summit of Maubèrme

You can begin in Bagergue (1,419m) or in the Canadian barrier at 1km because the first section of forest track has pavement and the second part is good and you can drive your car to this place. The track of Liat is in right side because the left side goes to Borda (Hut) de Lana.

The track of Liat it's not good for normal cars and it's better walking. If you begin early in the morning you can enjoy in summer of the dawn with the first orange rays over the peaks of Aigüestortes behind us. You reach Cabane (Hut) de Calhaus without problems and you must follow the track a little more until the old mines with a cross path. You turn to right side connecting with the path GR-211 (red and white painting) walking around Tuc de Crabes to reach the nice lake of Montoliu (2,366m). You must leave the GR-211 in this point turning to left side near of the lake.

You can view the peak but the ascent is not direct because the normal route is in left side of the peak entering to the Còth (Col) of Maubèrme (2,468m). The South ridge is only for people with experience in rock-climbing (II+) and you enter to the west face of the peak following a lot of cairns and a evident path among the stones. You cross two small cols to reach a position at NW of the summit.

The last ramp has a lot of stones and scree but it's not difficult and you must walk with a little patience to the upper part to reach the summit. In some point you must use the hands but it's easy. The panorama is really spectacular and wide.

Essential Gear

Nothing special in summer. In Spring you need crampons and ice-axe for the last ramp.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MaubèrmeRoutes