Bean Creek Trail 1391.1

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.41010°N / 120.8415°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up/Some Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the shortest access route, via the Bean Creek trail 1391.1. This route will take you up almost 4 miles of trail followed by a short off-trail section to the summit of Earl Peak. Total vertical is around 3400ft./1040m, and total distance roughly 8.2 miles/13.2km.

Getting There

Refer to the "Getting There" section of the main page for directions to the trailhead.

Route Description

From the trailhead, follow trail 1391 about .5 miles up Beverly Creek, where it intersects the Bean Creek trail 1391.1. Veer onto the Bean Creek trail, and follow it up to the point where it crosses Bean Creek, about 2 miles. This is a great place to view wildflowers during the summer, as well as a great vantage point to see Earl Peak to the East. After crossing Bean Creek, the trail begins to climb, gaining about 1200 vertical feet in roughly 1.5 miles. The trail levels off after the climb, where you will find yourself on a broad ridge to the south of Earl Peak. From here, you can see the way up to the summit (North), still a good 800 vertical feet above. Make your way towards the summit, which may be on a very discreet bootpath at times, at others just off trail. After passing a couple agonizing false summits, you'll eventually arrive at the true summit, 7036 feet. None of this is in the least bit technical, however the final climb is off-trail, and an ice axe would be a must if the route were covered in snow. It would be just about impossible to get lost on this section due to the lack of vegetation.

Essential Gear

In the summer, no special gear is required. Ice Axe and crampons would be highly useful in the off-season.
Add External Links text here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Earl PeakRoutes