Beaver Creek Road

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.41940°N / 112.4119°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike -Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See getting there from main page, Beaver, I-70 or Marysvale

Route Description


1.5 miles one way
1,450 of elevation gain
From the switchback in the road start heading west and jump onto the old mining road. Follow the old road north and than south to the ridgeline. From here Belknap will start to come into view. Start heading north towards the peak while rounding west around a knoll. A small trail can be found through the scree, follow this to the base of the summit. The last 700’ is the hardest since it will be completed in only 0.32 of a mile. No defined trail starts up the slope but one will come into play about half way up. Follow this trail around the south and than southwest side of the peak.

Essential Gear


Summer
Good pair of hiking shoes - boots.
Winter
if you can get there, snow shoes, crampons and ice axe will be needed.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Moogie737

Moogie737 - Oct 17, 2015 9:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Beginning of the "trail"

Across the road from the parking area are several sections of crude split rail fence. My partner and I constructed 3 cairns which should give one a decent start in the right direction. This cairn construction took place on October 16, 2015 and was compensated at a rate far far lower than minimum wage! Happy hiking.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.