Beaver Creek Road

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.40180°N / 112.4332°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike with a lot of Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See getting there from main page, Beaver, I-70 or Marysvale

Route Description


3.5 Miles one way
2,900' of elevation gain, one way
4,350' of elevation gain, round trip (need to summit Belknap twice)
From the switchback in the road start heading west and jump onto the old mining road. Follow the old road north and than south to the ridgeline. From here Belknap will start to come into view. Start heading north towards the peak while rounding west around a knoll. A small trail can be found through the scree, follow this to the base of Belknap. Start up the 700’ scree slope while starting to look for a slight use trail that will take you around the south side of Belkanp. Follow this trail around the south and than southwest side of the peak (bag Belkanp) and than start off the summit westerly towards Baldy. You’ll lose about 900’ of elevation which you will have to re-climb on the way out. Follow the ridgeline while jumping off either side a few times for about a mile to the base of Baldy. The push to Baldy summit sometimes require all fours to scramble up the scree slope.

Essential Gear


Summer
Good pair of hiking shoes - boots.
Winter
if you can get there, snow shoes, crampons and ice axe will be needed.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.