Beerwah Summit Track

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 26.65°S / 152.25000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 2 (Australian Ewbank)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Note: Track currently closed by rockfall


From Beerwah carpark, take the main trail past the picnic area and follow the trail up to the base of the route.

Route Description

The route commences with it's most difficult section - particularly if the rock is wet. A smooth 45 degree slab ascends for about 30m followed by a 50 - 60 degree scramble up nice easy rock for a further 50m. The route then becomes more or less a steep trail to the base of a cliff known as the "Organ Pipes." Traverse right through the powdery volcanic dust until you reach the well defined trail up the north west ridgeline to the summit.
Around three hours return trip from the carpark with time to admire the views and take photos.

Essential Gear

No technical gear required. Good hiking footwear essential. A pair of rock slippers in your pack would speed up some slab sections.

There is no fresh water on the route. I recommend carrying at least 1 litre of water.

Miscellaneous Info



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BeerwahRoutes