Belec route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.17840°N / 16.12381°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Starting point.....

Belec route


A Belec route to Ivanscica starts at the edge of the village, from parish church - St.Mary of the Snows - a church with a beautiful baroque altars from middle of 18th century.
Ask the locals for visiting hours, entry - 10kn(2$/1.50Eur)

http://hakave.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=776&Itemid=152

The whole rute is approx. 3 hours long, leading mostly through the beech, oak and chestnut forest, not demanding, and it is beautiful in all seasons, but especially in early fall, because of all the mushrooms and chestnuts you can find there.

Getting There

Best way to get to Belec is by car.
Take the highway Zagreb-Varazdin, and exit at the point Breznicki hum if you are approaching from Zagreb direction, or at the point Novi Marof from Varazdin direction.
Then follow the local road signs to Lobor and Belec.

Route Description

From Belec, route leads us up north through the forest towards Belecgrad,1 hour walk. Below the old city ruins there is a new mountain hut Belecgrad.
From mountain hut follow the forest trail up the hill -W,SW- for some 15min to get in front of the castle ruins entrance.
Belecgrad - castle ruin - summer/fall colors



Belecgrad - castle entrance
Belecgrad - ruins

The place is in very bad shape, but it is worth visiting because of the nice 'all around' views.
Belecgrad panorama










Path continues.....

up north through the deep beech woods, over the Babin zub ridge all the way to the top of the mountain.
Near the summit, there are different ways to climb, one path reaches the road from Ivanec some 10-15 min of walk from the top, another leads though Belige area more west.

Belec route

P.S.

Ivanscica is not big mountain, not big even from croatian perspective.
But it has it's significance in perspective of Hrvatsko zagorje area.
Ivanscica is a true landmark in geographic and also historical sense with all its castle ruins and small villages.

Belec route


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.