Bilbao- Ganekogorta- Gallarraga

Bilbao- Ganekogorta- Gallarraga

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.20305°N / 2.98081°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: A little climb (I) (U.I.A.A)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route travels through part of the Ganekogorta massif.
From the summits we have very goods views of the basque mountains

Route Description

From Larraskitu (Bilbao) we continue along the road to the neighborhood of Igertu (20 minutes) From here we continue to San Roke and then going up along the track we continue to Pagasarri saddle. To the left we have Pagasarri and to de right Ganeta, if we want we can go up the two summits in 20 minutes. We see Ganekogorta from here. We have to get a path that descents a little and the go up.
If we go above the crest before we reach the summit of Biderdi (link in spanish)

We continue by the path and we reach the summit of Ganekogorta (link in spanish)

From Ganekogorta summit we have to continue by the grassy hill to the west, we go down to the Pagero saddle and wecan see the summit. We have to go up first in grassy terrain and then climbing along the chimney to the summit of Gallarraga (3hours 20min from Larraskitu)


Going up GanekogortaGoing up Ganekogorta


Easy chimney (I) to the summit of GallarragaEasy chimney to Gallarraga summit


Last meters to the summit of GallarragaLast meters to the summit of Gallarraga


Ganekogorta (998m) from Gallarraga (902m)Ganekogorta from Gallarraga summit








Essential Gear

The normal to do hiking

External Links

Mendikat:
Biderdi
Ganekogorta
Pagasarri
Ganeta

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.