Boulder Ridge Ramble

Boulder Ridge Ramble

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 7, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

A brief ramble up Boulder Ridge to Huckleberry Mountain

I hiked this on July 7th, 2012. A more extensive trip report is posted on my blog (www.hikingnorthwest.wordpress.com). It just occured to me to add it to Summitpost. I was glad to see the page already here. I have added a few images to the gallery. This is a nice hike when approaching from Wildwood Park. It's not spectacular, but it's certainly not boring. It's challenging enough for someone who is only partially in shape.

There are only a few great viewpoints, but they are great. After a long traverse of the ridge, the Boulder Ridge Trail meets the Plaza Trail at what used to be at three way junction. One part of the plaza trail, which would head down towards Welches, has been abandoned. It could harbor some great backcountry spots, but that's only for ambitious and experienced navigators.

The trail also has some unique flora, and I quite enjoyed relaxing in the open air at the so called summit. It was well worth the hours I took. I had great views of Hood, Adams, and even Rainier.

It was a weekend, but I only saw a total of six other peoplez: three women with dogs on the way up, and three men on the way down. I decided the men must like to sleep in.

For hikers who are exceptionally hot or deydrated, the Salmon River is a nice place to cool off just before the parking lot.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.