Bridal Veil Falls Power Station

Bridal Veil Falls Power Station

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10400 ft / 3170 m

Overview

This trailhead allows access to all of the peaks in Bridal Veil Basin, and around black Bear Pass. This trailhead is at 10,400 feet and you can go to nearly a dozen summits. some of the peaks that you can climb include La Junta Peak, Wasatch Mountain, and many others.

Directions

From the town of Telluride, drive east out of town following the signs for Bridal Veil Falls. The road soon turns to dirt, and you will soon come to a switchback in the road. There is a sign here saying that the road is a 4wd road and a high clearence road, but any car with 4wd capability can negotiate the road. Follow the road for around 2.5 miles, going past Bridal Veil Falls until you reach a gate in the road. The trail behind the gate takes you up into Bridal Veil Basin, and the other road comes down from Black Bear Pass. No cars are allowed to go up the north side of the Black Bear Pass Road, but you can hike up the road.

Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

La Junta PeakTrailheads