Bujaruelo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.67590°N / 0.1607°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble+rocky ridge (or snow coulouir)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Difficulty: F sup (Easy superior)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page to approach to Torla.
In Torla after 3 km, before the barrier of Natural Park of Ordesa turn to left side to Puente de los Navarros and follow the track to the camping of Bujaruelo. After 300 meters after the camping it's the trailhead in a plain near of the track (a great stone with paint say in red "Turbón, Arañonera, collado rojo")

Route Description

From this plain with the signal follow the cairns of stones for the path in the forest with many curves. Near of the river crossing some waterfalls to leave the forest in a upper wide plain. We follow to the right side (in the left side you can to visit an interesting ice-cave).
We entry in the karst of rock and snow (not snow in summer) and it's a good idea the climb across the rocky spun of the center (is inconvinient to sink in the snow in spring).
We see the peak Otal in left side but the route go to a little col in right side in the bottom of the ridge NE of the peak (col of Otal, 2350m, 2h 45min). We move back a bit from the hill (East side)and walk to overcome several stand out in direction SSW under the ridge NE. You can to choice one of the 2 coulouir of snow (ramp of free stones without snow). The slope is 40-45º in the snow.
Another posibility is the rock-climb (grade II) across the spuns among the coulouirs.
The upper part it's the ridge to reach finally the summit (grade I or I+, a little exposed, but not dangerous except with snow)

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice axe in winter and early in the season if you want to climb across the coulouirs. Rope in winter.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

OtalRoutes